Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Engagement Ring


I have always wondered how an engagement ring would look on my finger. Will I get an expensive one or a “cheap yet priceless” kind? Will it have a diamond or a pink-colored precious stone? Will I ever get to wear one? I sure hope so!

Just like a lot of women, I have dreamed of a perfect wedding, too. But as time passes by and I grow up, I find myself praying more for the marriage and my future husband and kids, rather than the wedding or the engagement ring.

Five nights ago, God showed me, through a dream, how an engagement ring would look on my finger. 

Here’s the scene: My father handed a gorgeous tiny gift box to me. I opened it and was most delighted to have found an ENGAGEMENT RING! I immediately wore it but my ring finger got wounded…it bled – several drops of crimson-red blood! As I was still wearing the ring with my finger bleeding, my eyes turned to see an open big box with so many engagement rings. I frantically searched through it hoping to find another ring. Then, I woke up.

I asked a number of my Godly friends what the dream could possibly mean. They had different interpretations. Somehow, I was still looking for more. I knew God was telling me something and I was so eager to finally unveil the message from that dream.

Earlier, I was having a conversation with Ate Zen-y (wife of our Lead Pastor). I was sharing with her what God has been teaching me in this season of my life. And then we talked about the dream. I was telling her that I have been sensing in my heart that the vivid picture of the blood on my ring finger presents an important message.

Then, came this: the ring on my finger with the blood reminded me of what it took to demonstrate real love – the sacrifice of my Lord and Savior Jesus on the cross. He is a gift – given by the Father…out of His great love for us.

A lot of times, I don’t seem to remember that. When I go through tough times, I want to be assured that I am loved. I frantically look for ways to satisfy that need and rely on people, situations and even things. And most often, these fail me. Then, I get lonely and disappointed. Why search through a box of engagement rings when I’m already wearing one, bought at a price I would never be able to pay – the blood of Jesus shed for the forgiveness of my sins and so that I could live an abundant life.

And when I’m in that deepest valley of sadness, I realize that every low point, every down moment, every gloomy time,each time I just couldn't cheer myself up  – these are invitations to a sweet time with God. They point the way to God’s intimate and warm embrace. And there, you are secured. You know without a doubt, YOU ARE LOVED.

Through seasons that keep changing, God's unfailing, unchanging love remains our hiding place, our home.

 "My child, give ME your heart, and let your eyes observe My ways." Proverbs 23:26

No comments:

Post a Comment