Saturday, March 17, 2012

More Delightful than Answered Prayers


(originally written May 21, 2011)

I woke up on the best side of the bed this morning! :)

After a week of going though different and extreme emotions, God has brought me back to my favorite chamber - that special moment when I feel my heart is dancing to gratitude's melody.

I started by listing down the blessings I receive regularly. They happen on a DAILY basis, so more often than not, I am forgetful and ungrateful. Here are just a few of them. I thank God for:
  • waking me up each morning
  • the chirping birds by my window (though I live in a crowded city)
  • keeping my family intact in love
  • keeping me safe wherever i go 
  • good health (for me and my family)
  • the capacity to read His Word and express myself in prayer
  • the food i eat - most of the time, they're more than enough
  • a great job where i can use my gifts and grow holistically at the same time
  • shared-lives and friendships that allow me to know myself deeper and experience God's presence
  • God's gift of forgiveness and fresh starts (take it from someone who has done so many bloopers - me!)
  • many, many, many, many, many more! 
As the list grew longer, I was reminded of the overwhelming miracles and favors I experienced (and continue to experience) in my life. I remembered how God rescued me from the worst of situations and gave me the best views of His grace. I called to mind very specific prayers God has answered. And, they're a lot! Some even gave me sleepless nights because they're so awesome and unexplainable, yet undeniably God's work!

But more than the delight that blessings, miracles, favors and answered prayers bring, I find much greater joy in knowing why God gives and does all these.

God's Word to Moses (and I believe for you and me, as well) in Exodus 33:17:

"I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.” (NIV)

“I will indeed do what you have asked, for I look favorably on you, and I know you by name.” (NLT)

"All right. Just as you say; this also I will do, for I know you well and you are special to me. I know you by name." (TMB)

"I will do what you have asked, because I am your friend and I am pleased with you." (CEV)

"I will do this thing also that you have asked, for you have found favor, loving-kindness, and mercy in My sight and I know you personally and by name." (Amplified Bible)

God answers our prayers and showers us with blessings NOT because we're deserving, or good, or performing well. When the very things we're desiring or praying for get answered, it's because God is pleased with us, He looks favorably on us, knows us personally and by name, considers us His friends and says we have found favor, lovingkindness and mercy in His sight!

WOW! That in itself is more than enough blessing and reason to rejoice! :)

I pray for the grace to:
 - love the Giver much more than His gifts
 - worship the King much more than the splendor of His Kingdom
 - desire the Lord's presence much more than His promises
 - seek His heart for me much more than what's in store for me

Friends, happy weekend of answered prayers - because the One who answers is pleased with you and knows you so well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment